Re: Sluggish Temp Gauge

To: chuck_ciaffone_at_wg-ral@smtp.wg.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sluggish Temp Gauge
From: hansd@has.nl (Hans Duinhoven, Product manager subsystems HAS-cs (671))
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 08:21:56 +0200
Hi,

I have had similar experiences and I have seen others with the same problem
too. What I have experienced is, that the spade connector on the
temperature sensor on the engine is causing this trouble many times.
The spade is riveted onto the temparture sensor on the engine block.
In my case and others the riveted electrical connection was not making
correct contact and by this causing poor or no needle movement of the
gauge at all.

Check by running the enige to normal temperatures.
Take the connector loose from the spade and make contact with this
connector to the engine. When the needle moves quickly to hot, either the
sensor is faulty or the above described problem is the cause.

Try to correct the poor contact by slightly tapping the rivet to the spade.

Good luck.

Regards,

Hans Duinhoven

MGB GT feb 1971, so tax free....