Re: MG car Club

To: Tara Neuswanger <TaraN@boxlight.com>
Subject: Re: MG car Club
From: Ted Weiler <tweiler@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 07:51:43 -0800
I do real well on a computer but just manage to keep our GT on the road.  I
am forwarding your message to the groups for their input.

If you are going to respond to the question below:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
RESPOND TO TARA AT taran@boxlight.com, and maybe copy the list.
DON'T RESPOND TO ME!!!!!
Don't just hit that reply button.

Thanks

Ted

At 06:47 AM 3/14/96 PST, you wrote:

>Dear Ted,
>
>My 1970 MG  is having problems.   When I try to start it,  It starts right
>up and sounds great for about 10 seconds and then dies   as if someone flip
>a switch.  every time I try to start it this happens,  or it will start and
>purr like a kitten and then rev up really high until it is about ready to
>red line and I shut it off to scared that I may wreck the engine.  Is there
>any hope for this car?   It use to run great, and I have no idea what is
>happening.  I have rebuilt the carb's 3 times now,  I have check for vacuum
>leaks and I have tried adjusting the timing and nothing seems to work.  If
>you know what may be happening or someone who may know, could you please
>tell me or have someone  contact me.   I am very stumped.
>
>Thank you for your kindness !                      Tara Neuswanger

 Edward B. (Ted) Weiler, tweiler@eskimo.com
 Engineering Manager, Olympic Medical
 Director, Volunteers NorthWest
         http://www.eskimo.com/~tweiler/vnw.html
 Membership, MG Car Club NorthWest Centre
         http://www.eskimo.com/~tweiler/mgccnwc.html