Re: bleeding the clutch, Tech tip

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bleeding the clutch, Tech tip
From: "Rob" <rah@sna.co.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:12:16 +0000
Hello,

> I'm having a heck of a time bleeding my clutch.  I've tried to use a
> mighty vac on the bleed screw, but to no avail, yet.  I know this
> subject has been hit on here and there, but any suggestions will be
> greatly appreciated!

I have a 79 Midget with a leaking slave cylinder, which means that if
I forget to top it up I end up having to bleed the clutch to get it
back into use. One thing I have found is that when your bleeding the
clutch the car MUST BE LEVEL meaning jack the front and rear of the
car (using the appropriate safety stands of course!). I tried for
ages to bleed the clutch with just the front of the car jacked up. It
does'nt work!

Hope this helps!

RoB.
ages to bleed the clutch when the car was'nt level