Re: seat belt dies

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat belt dies
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 96 10:03:42 PST
Ken Regenfuse asked:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on any GOOD products that I can use to die
>the
> seat belts in my 74 BGT. It seems that they have faded over the years and
> lost their
> original black color. Naturally I am looking for something that will be
> permanent and
> come off on our clothing when we are wearing them. Any and all suggestions
> will be greatly appreciated.....Ken

Seatbelt webbing can be purchased from upholstery shops that carry
automotive upholstery materials.  There's one here in San Diego that
also carries automotive fasteners such as lift-the-dots and tonneau
snaps.  Any shoe repair shop can stitch up the webbing for you with
your old seatbelt hardware in place.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com