Re: '67 B upgraded (?) to later car

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '67 B upgraded (?) to later car
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 00:50:02 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-08 18:20:28 EST, thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise
Thorpe) writes:

>I knew this was true of the 3-main vs. 5-main engines, but I didn't realize
>they did this later.  Thanks, I'll watch out.
>
>Along the same lines, did 3-main B's ever come with overdrive?  I have an
>early OD tranny in the garage that's going in the car that currently has
>a late non-overdrive tranny in it and I suddenly had the horrible thought
>that it might be a 3-main OD tranny and then the input shaft would be too
>small.
Yes, there is a santa claus...they did make 3 syncro overdrives. If it is a 3
main you'll have to deal with the input shaft differences...including the
fact that it uses a different clutch plate than the 5 main. Easy fix is to
get a trans man to retrofit a 5 main 3 syncro input shaft into the 3main box,
then it'll bolt up to any 5 main motor you have....