Hard pull choke control on TD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard pull choke control on TD
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 96 22:50 EST
In an earlier post I complained that my choke was hard to pull even though
every thing was OK. Well, I got to checking around and I found that the jet
on the front carb has a little resistance to moving up and down. I disconnected
the link between the two choke levers and the choke pulled out with ease.
Evidently a little friction at the jet translates to a big resistance up at the
dash! I swear if I have to mess with the SU carb again, I'll go crazy. Would
it hurt anything if I leave the link off and only choke the rear carb? I'm sure
the engine would still start.

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD under restoration