Re: TD Tyres

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Tyres
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 08:12:08 +0000
From: BLECKSTEIN @ SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM @ USDESMTP
Date: 03/15/96 05:24:12 PM

> radials on my TD, the handling is markedly
>>improved.  I think they are 165r15 or something like that.  No, you
>>don't need tubes (with the disk wheels), but make sure the rims are
>>clean and straight, since these wheels seem to be made of an alloy
>>involving Velveeta and bend easily.
>>
>>   A. B. Bonds
>>

>>I beg to differ about the tubes. Yes it appears that you can avoid them, but
>the rims were not designed for tubeless. The Safety Fast inspection at NEMGTR
>>GOF's have several items that are automatic failures because they are
dangerous,
>>and the lack of tubes on TD disc wheels is one of them.
>>
>>Mike Leckstein

I don't know anything about the safety aspect, but I just put new tubeless
tires on my TD. I discovered that the old ones where also tubeless and I
know they were 35+ years old. It may not be right, but people have been
doing it for a long time. By the way, they still held air. The brand
name was Crown.