79B Emission Controls ?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79B Emission Controls ?
From: "Henrich, Dave" <dhenrich@MSDEV1.Waterloo.ATTGIS.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 96 10:15:00 PST
Fellow MG'ers
Car: 1979B, (California car, single Z-S carb, No air pump)

The DPO had removed air pump but the remaining emission controls seem to
have been left intact (gulp valve, hoses, check valve air injection manifold
etc.). The car does seem to run ok but I'm wondering if it could in fact run
better if some of these things were removed. Not wanting to pollute the air
BUT , without the air pump are these emission parts really doing anything?

 I have read that others have recommended clamping off manifold air
injection, plugging holes, removing bits and pieces etc.

Can anyone please advise what I should do? (besides replacing the air pump)
BTW  I'm in Ontario Canada with no smog test requirements

Thanks
Dave H