Re: Dash Top?

To: "Shick, Brian" <brian.shick@fluordaniel.com>
Subject: Re: Dash Top?
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:42:27 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Shick, Brian wrote:

>           Hello all,
>           I have a '69 MGB that has two large open cracks on the right
>           side of the dash, doesn't look very good.  Has any one used
>           the "Dash Top Repair Cover" shown in Moss or Victoria B.
>           catalogs?  Or should I just get a new dash?

I haven't seen anyone reply about the coverlay yet, so here I go.
I had a '74 Midget once that I installed the coverlay on. I fit well, and
looked GREAT! Since the top part of the dash curves down and away from
the driver to meet the vertical front of the dash, the area where the
cover ends is invisible.
I think the B dash is almost the same. Try this first, before you get a
new dash, which might not fit right or look right (I have never sen a
repro, so I really don't know).
Good Luck, Ulix (with metal dash in fresh wrinkle paint)

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy