Re: One Headlight Brighter than the Other

To: bc@rosenet.net
Subject: Re: One Headlight Brighter than the Other
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:16:25 -0500
Elaine:

You may wish to make sure that both of your headlamps are the same type of
headlamps.  Quite often, DPO's or indifferent mechanics replace a headlamp
with a mismatched type.

Essentially, the two types of headlamps are: sealed beam and quartz halogen.
Sealed beam are sort of yellowish in nature, QH are usually sort of
bluish-white.  QH also draw a bit more power, I believe, and you can have
problems if your headlamps are mismatched ... one of each, in other words.

QH usually have some sort of identifying mark on the glass in front (QH4, for
example); barring that, the only way I can tell you for certain is to remove
them and look at the backs.  Those will tell you for sure.  QH's *usually*
have a bulb inside them, sealed beams do not ... if that helps.

Luck, and keep up that spirit! Buttercup will be as rewarding to repair as
she is to drive.

Corey
75MGB 'Rags'