Re: another story, no LBC content - repost-

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: another story, no LBC content - repost-
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 20:12:41 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Jay Tilton wrote:

> Tim Moses wrote:
> >        OK, I'm putting you to the test.   What is your source??
> For one, it can be found in _The Big Book of Urban Legends_,  published in
> 1994 by Paradox Press, an imprint of DC Comics.  It's a comic-strip
> presentation of many such friend-of-a-friend and folklore-type stories that
> Jan Harold Brunvand has been collecting and publishing in text form since
> 1981.  His version has it as a helicopter carrying an enormous bucket.

Just a note.

_The Big Book of Urban Legends_ has nothing to do with Jan Harald
Brunvand.  The crisped scuba diver UL does get play in _Curses, Broiled
Again_ by JHB though.

Bill
'71 MGB (daily driver)
and regular alt.folklore.urban reader

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have