Re: Wooden Dash

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wooden Dash
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:49:34 +1100 (EST)
>I was wondering if anyone has replaced the standard dash on a B with a
>wooden one and if so were they required to fabricate it themselves. I have
>a '75 B and want to get rid of the black dash and replace it with a light
>grained wooden dash. I ma prepared to put the time necessary into this
>project as long as it looks good. The thing is my wood shaping skills are
>rather lackluster and i believe it would take several attempts to get one I
>ma satisfied with. Would I be better off getting a professional to do such
>a replacement or does someone do such fabrications already??

The MG Owners Club UK sell high quality burr walnut overlays for all the
dashboard, the console, a gear knob, door cappings and even a burr walnut
arm rest.  Any of the British classic car magazines should give you a
contact number.  I had a BGT V8 fitted with it to the radio console and the
door cappings.  Looked great but cost a fair bit.

regards,
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055