Re: Su Needles

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Subject: Re: Su Needles
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 16:47:50 -0700
At 09:11 AM 3/27/96 EST, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --
>
>Does any one know how to read the letter codes for SU Needles?
>I have AEE needles in my MGBGT, the engine is a 69 but the car is a 74.
>I don't know is the cam is a 69 or a 74.
>Thnks   Bob

My trusty Haynes Manual on SU carburettors says the AAE needle was standard
for AUD326 carb (68-69) and the AUD405 carb  (70-early71).

There is no reference for AEE (was this a mis-type?) as they only made it to
the AB- range.

Anyway, this book tells you all about SU carbs from theory of operation to
complete specifications, needles included. A great buy if its still in print.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html