Rustproofing

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rustproofing
From: "Matthew Montes" <MMONTES@muskingum.edu>
Date: 4 Apr 96 18:02:00 EST
Hello All,
        My Uncle taught me a neat little undercoating trick so I thought I'd
pass it along.   You use a paraffin (sp?) based undercoating and mix it with
linseed oil before spraying the car.  The wax based undercoating combined with
the linseed oil stays soft so it won't chip off or form air pockets etc.  Once
every year or two you respray the car with only linseed oil.  This ensures that
the undercoating remains soft.  I have seen this undercoating last 15 years on
an old Ford pickup, and I used it on my '70 B.  Respraying it yearly makes it
nice and black and no rust yet (knock on wood, pray to the gods of broken
refrigerators etc)  Hope this helps someone out there.  Safet Fast!!

Matt