Re: Floor rust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor rust
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 1996 14:09:51 EST
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Some interesting solutions to the problem of floor rust posted. A year
late for me however.
My solution was to strip the floor, use navel jelly followed by
Hammerite .
I wanted more sound deadening and insulation ( since I found the heel
of my tennis shoes were melting to the floor ) ,  The carpet padding
carried by the upholstery supply house seemed to be much lighter than
that found in new cars so I went to the wrecking yard and found the
newest car there ( 3000 miles ) and pulled the padding out.
It not only had the padding  but also has a tar like substance on top
of the padding. - The padding from one car was big enough  to do the
entire B and only cost me 5 bucks.
At the hardware store I found some insulation which is nothing more
than bubble pack sandwiched between two sheets of aluminum foil. I used
this over the padding and insured that one piece on each side went up
the foot well as far as possible. Now you can cover the floor with
three inches of water and the water never touches the sheet metal.
The insulation and sound deadening have also worked out great.

Bob Nogueira
74 BGT
64 Morgan +4
62 Morgan DHC