79 B Stalling

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 79 B Stalling
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:42:20 -0400
<The car "stalls" randomly once at running temperature.  By randomly, I mean>
<at any RPM, accelleration rate, etc.  It doesn't sputter or cough...there's>
<no warning whatsoever.  It just dies.  Now, I should explain something.
 W>hen
<it stalls, it doesn;t initially die altogether.  The RPM drop to zero, but
if>
<I take the car out of gear, and turn the key, the starter grinds,
indicating>
<the engine is actually running.  I dont' get it... >

Probably your electronic ignition module is dying.  The problem will become
more frequent until your wife will want a new Honda :)  Actually, its pretty
easy to solve, although I kept my MG and did give my wife a new Honda :(
 Last time I checked, the electronic  ignition module (the little black or
aluminum box bolted under the coil) was NLA, however if you take it apart,
inside is a standard GM Delco electronic ignition module from a X-Car!  They
cost about $15 bucks at any (YUK) American parts store.