Re: TD Tonneau Cover Bar on back of Seat

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Tonneau Cover Bar on back of Seat
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:41:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Robert J Donahue/DELCO wrote:

> I see in the catalogs something called a tonneau cover bar that
> goes across the back of the seats near the top. My car does not
> have this part. Is this bar a structural part of the seats, or just some
> accessory to go with a tonneau cover?

It isn't structural, but it is original on the TA through TD.  These cars
came with a half-tonneau cover, not the full cover most of us prefer
today. The bar supported the front of the cover to keep it looking neat.
Elastic straps snapped to the seat back below the bar kept the cover
taught.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.