Re: Restored 69B for sale and the crucial gas cap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restored 69B for sale and the crucial gas cap
From: Doug Kennedy <kennedys@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 21:29:14 -0700
Well, having listed my 69B for sale on this list with an extensive
description of the work completed I sort of suspected a comment.  Mike
Lambdin submitted the following yesterday:
>>Subject: Re: Restored 1969 MG B For Sale
>>In no particular order:
>>New Chrome front and rear bumpers with over riders
>>Wire wheels bead blasted and repainted silver
>
>snip snip snip
>
>>And many other odds and ends!  Call Doug Kennedy (804) 460-5037 or e-mail
>>kennedys@ix.netcom.com with any questions.
>
>sounds great, but does it have a new gas cap?

(Insert tongue in cheek) Well, I appreciate the concern over this crucial
item.  At our local club's car show every year we begin the judging with the
gas caps and return to their originality and condition as the final arbiter
for winners.  Realizing this, I purchased an original gas cap to replace the
optional one that came with the car and was formerly found on a Plymouth
Valiant. Alas, every time I took the auto to the gas station I inadvertantly
left it on top of the pumps until finally it was taken by another customer.
Wanting to preserve the MG heritage, and being low on funds, the original
style cap was replaced with the optional "Tidewater MG Classics Car Club"
t-shirt in hot pink that stuffs snugly into the filler opening.  This new
cap (also known as "the wick") doubles nicely as an advertisement for our
club, and warns approaching drivers of the LBC they're about to rear-end.
Hope this clears up any questions.(extract tongue from cheek)

Yes, it has the correct gas cap, and thanks to the many people who inquired
regarding the car.

Safety fast,
Doug Kennedy
69B Primrose