Re: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety

To: railroad@itw.com, Ragthyme@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 07:50:15 -0400

> I agree with you re: ABS. Can't stand them ... and I've never had to steer
> and fully brake at the same time, either.

My college roomate rolled me over in his car because he was trying to
negotiate a curve with the wheels locked up. ABS would have saved him.
(If I were driving I would have saved us). The accident involved the
high speed of twenty-five(25) MPH and a snow covered curve in NY state.

- -snip- -

> I've had a little seat-of-the-pants theory for a while now, which was
> recently proven out by some research studies:  Fancy safety gadgets make
> people worse drivers.> - -snip- -
> Corey
> 75 MGB 'Rags'

I think the research data was incorrectly reduced. So here is my
theory. Safty gadgets do not make people worse drivers, they protect
the bad drivers so that they may drive again. That is what we get for
messing with Darwins theories.

- -Mark "How come when I roll the window down it goes up?" Jurras