Re: Everything tools

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Re: Everything tools
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 16:32:42 -0900 (PDT)
On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Denise Thorpe wrote:

> Snap-on has had this for years, it's called "flank drive."  The inside
> angle of all wrenches and sockets is relieved slightly with a circular
> cutout.  The wrench or socket pushes on the nut slightly back from the
> corner where the nut is stronger.

For those of us in Canada, the sockets in the Professional Series at
Canadian Tire are like this. This particular series is very nicely
finished overall, and if you wait for a special it's a very good deal.
I have two sets of their wrenches (metric and imperial) and they are
great to work with. They are the kind of tools that you lovingly clean
and polish after using them.

Dirk