Midget clutch/hydraulics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget clutch/hydraulics
From: Blevins <blevins@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:13:49 -0700
On this first fine spring day in Pennsylvania the clutch in my 76 Midget
suddenly
stopped working after driving about 30 miles. Won't disengage, i.e, I cannot
shift
gears. Needless to say, the remaining 20 miles home from work was entertaing in
4th all
the way. This is probably only the 3rd time I have driven the car since
replacing a bad
slave cylinder last November. (It was a B-A-D winter.)

Suggestions, please, on the best way to diagnose the problem to least expensive
repair.
Bad master cylinder??? (even thou its not leaking on my foot). Re-bleed the
system?  Bad
replacement slave? Other more sinister internal clutch problems??

BTW, there appears to be no loss of fluid, reservoir is brim full.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis Blevins
76 Midget
77 B