Anachronism

To: Wyngaarden@aol.com
Subject: Anachronism
From: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 06:44:15 GMT
Dave Wijngaarden asked:

>     On the other hand, have you EVER heard of anyone refitting a chrome
>bumper car with a rubber one?

Actually, I did.

The person who visits me every two or three years  to re-establish
the (agreed) value of my 1970 MGB (a requirement of the
insurance company) told me, that once he came across
a chrome  bumper MGB that had been retrofitted with rubber bumpers.

(Is that what you call an anachronism?)

The estimate he gave on the car had to be lower now than
what he had given the same car (and owner) a few years before
when it still had the chrome bumpers.

The owner didn't quite like that.

Bert