Re: mgb vs midget

To: mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au
Subject: Re: mgb vs midget
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 00:24:07 -0400
Hello all,

Well, I thought I'd let you all know where my decision ended up...I'm going
with the B.  I could go into all of my reasons, but, out of fear of starting
an all out war, I'll refrain.  :-)
This note gets kinda lengthy, so if you enjoy mindless babble, read on!  :-)

One factor, just to set you Midget lovers at ease, was the fact that the
Midget had had DIY restoration done on the entire body recently with a VERY
crumby paint job to top it off.  This made me wonder whether or not the work
was sound, or just a hill-jack's bondo-job.  The B is nearly rust free (just
a bit of surface rust on the top side of the floor panels), and there has
been no work done on it!  Apparently, the car belonged an elderly man (sole
owner) who died and left the car to his wife.  She was selling it on
consignment for $3500.00 US.  From my estimations, the car's probably worth,
as is, around $4500-$5000.  This was simply a deal I couldn't pass up.

Another factor is kindof a wimpy one.  I'm not incredibly knowledgable when
it comes to B's (I've only had my 79 for about a year, and it was my first
DIY project), and I know nothing at all about Midgets.  This way, I'm simply
more comfortable.

Lastly, I'm from the south end of northeast Ohio.  I live in the country, and
the only real way to get anywhere is via at least a 20 minute trip on the
freeway.  From what I've heard from you folks, the B is better suited for
this environment.

Enough of my yackin'....thanks for all your feedback!

1979 MGB soon to be replaced by 1973 MGB