RE: Anybody else having problems with Lucas Sport coils?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu
Subject: RE: Anybody else having problems with Lucas Sport coils?
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 20:47:47 -0500 (EST)
> Anybody else who had a problem with Lucas Sport coils? I am
> considering getting one, but if these two faulty coils are part of a
> trend I will have to reconsider.

Problem with a Lucas part? Never!!

I restored my 1952 TD in 1978, installed Lucas Sports Coil and have driven
it daily since.  From 1980 until 1991 it was also a Vintage Racer, did 115 mph
at Road Atlanta, never had a  dnf and is still running strong.  Same coil,
same SU fuel pumps and same driver.

Proper installation and the condition of your whole electrical equiptment are
contributing factors.
Blair Engle                                  engle@phy.fsu.edu