MGB back on the road (with minimal help from Pop!)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB back on the road (with minimal help from Pop!)
From: Greg Johnson <ab916@ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 17:33:50 -0300
I'm happy to say my 'B is back together and running , after having the
drivetrain out to change the clutch.  She was definitly "hanging up " on
the shaft, which is why I couldn't shift into 1st when I came to a stop
light.
        I also put my original '72 HIF's back on ('73's have loose
throttle shafts), so I had to set the mixture and balance the carbs from
scratch.  I used the "check the plugs" and the tube method,
respectively, and she's running fairly well.  I'm going to borrow a
carb balanceing tool, and will attempt to use "Colourtune" for the
first time, for some fine tuning.

All this without the help of my father (a mechanic), as he was in
Ottawa.  All I had help with was bolting the gearbox to engine and
putting the drivetrain back in.   I guess those years of "training "
have worked!  Now I'm ready to move out (as soon as I finish that damn
thesis and get a job!)

All that's left is valve clearance check and polishing (after the fine
tuning)!

Greg "Ready for the first BATANS event this weekend" Johnson

   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html