Re: Tiskin

To: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Tiskin
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 12:17:27 -0700
>>         A tool truck driver was recently in our shop, British Automotive
>>         Services, in Dallas, and mentioned an automobile called a
>>
>>                                 "TISKIN" (sp?)
>>
>>         He says it was an aluminum-bodied British coupe with a Ford "260"
V-8.
>>         The car was supposedly built in '64-'65 and had non-roll-downable
side
>>         windows.  It also supposedly had a roof vent that had to be opened at
>>         speeds in excess of 200 mph to avoid "window implosion"
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>It was April 1st that the tool truck driver came by, right?!
>Ulix

The Complete Catalog of British Cars  by Culshaw and Horrobin (Wm Morrow &
Co. 1974) has 33 seperate manufacturers who's names start with T, from
Talbot to Tyseley.  Sorry no TISKIN, nothing even close.  Maybe a one off
special but never a regular manufacturer.
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528
                                                1966 MGB-GT