Vacuum in gas tank

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vacuum in gas tank
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 04:42:11 +0600
Some will recall a question I asked about fixing a pinhole in the gas tank
of my 77B.  Fixed that, no problem.

But fixing it brought to light a potential problem.  When I went to fill the
tank, I was greeted with a nice *whoosh!* of air going in when I removed the
cap.  Got home and checked out the vapor line between the tank and the
adsorption cannister.  Tried blowing through the line from the tank end and
found it took some effort.

Is this at all normal?  I couldn't find any kinks or dings in the metal
line, so I figure if it's not normal there must be an internal obstruction.
I really don't want to replace that line unless I have to.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu