SU H4 bowls leaking :(

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU H4 bowls leaking :(
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 08:29:24 -0600 (MDT)
Arrgh!  My fuel capacitors (float bowls) are leaking.  These have the two
rubber "grommet halves" to "seal" the carb to bowl connection.  I have
replaced the rubber things.  If I tighten up (ob. Archie Bell reference)
the bolt all the way (F. Sinatra, F. Zappa) it squeezes the grommets and
still leaks.  If I loosen it a just a little bit (Aretha) it seals
better and leaks _slower_.  Should I try some kind of sealant or what?

(bottom of carb)
_________           \\\\   <- threads, man
|_     _|           |  |
   ___              | O|   <- hole for fuel
=washer==          _|  |_
(bottom of connection to bowl)

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA
Khoral Research Inc.