RE: deep philosophical questions

To: barrister@lawref.com ("Ernest E. Gilbert")
Subject: RE: deep philosophical questions
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 96 16:51:35 PDT

> This brings to mind what I hope is an interesting story worth the bandwidth
>to list members.
>
> I recently handled a case involving Cobra CSX2049 in which the question was
>"what is a car." My client has most of the original car in the form of a stack
>of parts remaining after it was crashed at Riverside International Raceway
>killing the driver. He a
>
> Ernest

After reading the write-up on this car in the SAAC registry, I'm
surprised anyone would have ever wanted to touch it.  It seems to
have had an almost continuous history of questionable ownership from
it's crash in '66.  It's one of the longer entries.  What a mess!

There is another interesting case concerning a Shelby Team car that
crashed in a race in the early '60s.  The car was witnessed by a number
of Shelby employees being cut up and tossed into a dumpster.  Today a
car with this serial number is owned by a man in the UK.

Roland