danger: philosophical redline

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: danger: philosophical redline
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 08:11:03 -0400
Fellow fiends:

Well, after many interesting responses to my deep philosophical questions
regarding restorations and upkeep, our very own Jay Tilton writes (in
reference to the paradox of Xeno's arrow):

>I say the better question is:  How can you be certain you've even
>started the restoration?
>- --
>Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu

Returning to my original inquiry, there seem to be two basic camps.  The
logical positivists state that the restoration is over when the car can be
safely, reliably and legally driven on our nation's highways and byways
(what ever they are).  On the other hand, the existentialists among us state
that the restoration will simply never be over, that there will always be
just one more item to attend to, and throw up their hands at the absurdity
of it all.  Now Jay comes along and tells me that I can't even start the
restoration, much less stop it.  My head hurts.

This is not what I wanted to read today, on the first sunny Friday in living
memory.  I am terribly confused now and think it best for me to go back home
and get in bed.  MOMMY!!!   I don't feel well!!!

Will "deeply troubled" Zehring

P.S.  DENISE!!! say something!!!  Should I swap the B for an 1100 and join a
monastery?

P.P.S.  NO(!), I don't live with my mother.  That was a JOKE.