Re: Avoiding the guilt -Reply

To: Ragthyme@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Avoiding the guilt -Reply
From: CHRIS BALL <BALLC@osstf.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 09:58:14 -0400
This is fairly simple really. There are three possible approaches:

1. Don't mention these things to your wife. Simple eh ?

2. If you DO mention it and she starts up, react IMMEDIATELY to the first
item. "The dog is loose - oh GOD ! " and flee the room in haste.

3. If you really MUST mention  it then  do so while you're in the middle of
one of the house jobs. Get covered in plaster, look really worse for
wear, and then, come in for a cup of tea.  (not beer ) While drinking the
tea you say :

" This is a bigger job than I expected ... bla bla .... and when I get done I'm
going to take a look at something on the car. BUT ... I really have to get
this done first". This is called the car-points plan ,and works just like the
frequent flyer thing.

4. Ah - I said three, but there's four.  (Our Four main weapons are fear,
surprize,  .... Oh sorry - )

The fourth is to take the car out for a drive and then call four hours later
from a pay phone. You have broken down. It's a job you had meant to
get to, but ... sign ... there just hasn't been time, what with all the work on
the shower, the .....

Then, when you DO get home, you say that you've rigged up a
temporary fix, (what a hero) and that you've got to do the job properly
before it strands you  (or her - heaven forbid !) again.

No charge.

This piece was not written by the owner of this account. I have broken
into the service and am using his name.

Mac   Avelli