Re: The new MG's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The new MG's
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 02:28:58 -0500 (CDT)
>Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 23:47:10 -0700
>From: "Stephen J. Hall" <shall@maltanet.omnes.net>
>Subject: The new MG's
>
>Hi Guy's
>
>What's all this deadness about new MG's

Rest of RANT deleted

Point 1. If I could drive one, I'm sure it would make a good daily driver.

Point 2. I agree with Bob on the body style. To me it looks like a Miata and
a Del Sol spent the night together. But the mechanincs (as much as I've seen
written about) remind me of all the engineering contortions that go to make
our cars as distinctive and frustrating as they are. Score one for Bimmer.

Point 3. The main reason that all you've seen for the last month has been
text about the classic MG's on this list is because this list was started
when there was no other kind and that is the kind that all but a handful on
this list own.

Point 4. Yes, Virginia, I AM a self-centered creep and I live in a world of
my own. But it also belongs to a lot of other creeps who can't get their
hands on one of these cars either and the less I hear about them the better
as it only serves to piss me off that I can't even test drive one. There are
some back in the motherland who DO own these cars and are polite enough not
to bring it up often because they are sensitive new age guys who respect the
feelings of others.

Point 5. Why don't you?

Point 6. If I had the chance to own either a MGF, Fiat Barchetta, BMW Z3, or
Miata, I would probably opt for a bugeyed Sprite in similar condition. I can
tune it myself, and for the same money I can own four.

Glenn "I just got home from a night of being forced to listen to a bunch of
songwriters and I'm bored" Schnittke
"Oh, look... he's fallen in da water..."

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com

'74 MGB - fatally wounded
'69 MGB - prim little touring car