Re: Double Clutch and Saab/MG-TD Shifting

To: Guy Kelley <guyk@ayla.lbl.gov>
Subject: Re: Double Clutch and Saab/MG-TD Shifting
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 16:55:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 1 May 1996, Guy Kelley wrote:
> By-the-way, since I moved 2 weeks ago, I had to get my TD going again after
> sitting in my garage without having been run in 2 or 3 years.  I put in a
> new battery, new oil (30 W non-detergent, as usual), filled the radiator,
> and she started after only the 3rd or 4th cranking.  Taking her out on
> the road for the 10 mile drive to my new home was sure a joy.  I am
> going to get her out more often!

You should!
This is close to a miracle! It starts, runs and breaks (!)  after sitting
that long? Your car is trying to get on your good side so that you'll take
it out more often!

Of course, during that first long drive, when you start feeling secure
about the car, it will get its revenge....

Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy

           "My philosophy is to fit the best tyres available, not to
            cover up braking performance with ABS," he explains. And
            airbags? "They're a marketing exercise. They were
            introduced because the Americans weren't prepared to
            legislate for the compulsory wearing of seat belts.
            And I hate gimmicks."

                                Peter Wheeler, owner and director of TVR