Idiot NJ driver ruined my MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Idiot NJ driver ruined my MG
From: michaelb@cyberenet.net (Michael S. Black)
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 10:56:43 +0100
They ruined Morris!!

Well folks my beloved Morris (a '75 B with extensive mods) has been totaled
by some idiot who forgot some basic driving rules. The first of which is
"when you are in a Left Turn lane you must turn left" not drive forward
looking over your right shoulder to see how you can squeeze into the
traffic flow because you messed up and didn't want to go left but really
wanted to go straight.

You see I was stopped at a light in my own left turn lane waiting for a
green. This Pontiac had pulled up opposite from me in the opposing
traffic's left turn lane. When we got the green he tried to scoot out ahead
of the rest of traffic and get BACK into the lane on his right to go
straight. While he was looking over his right shoulder he kept accelerating
and slammed head on into me. I had yet to even move from my stopped
position whne he hit me at 35 MPH or so. Needless to say my dear car took
it right in the bonnet, crumpling it all up and moving the engine back 6"
or so. The oil cooler and radiator also burst, throwing oil and cooling
fluid all over his car (hope it eats his finish off). I am now forced to
drive a rented Neon (ohh the horror) and have to shell the money to fix my
beloved up out of my own pocket until I get a settlement on the vehicle.
Luckily (if such a word applies to such a tragic experience) my mechanic
will be doing the estimate and they have extensive experience with MG's so
I know the estimate will be true to the cost of reperation for my car.

                                Well just needed to vent to some , Thanx All!!