Re: Freeze Plugs(Drain Plugs)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Freeze Plugs(Drain Plugs)
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 15:57:30 -0400
Tom Wagner writes:

>Can some one tell where on my engine I would find the drain plugs for
flushing the engine of old antifreeze??  I have a 67 B,

The engine block water drain is on the distributor side of the block, down
low, just behind the distributor and below the oil pressure gauge port.  The
originals were a petcock type of drain valve, but as many of these valves
have long since expired, you may find a different type of valve or a plain
pipe plug.  In any case, when you open this port it is likely that nothing
will come out until you probe around bit with a wire or such to dislodge the
accumulated sediment from the water jacket.

Good luck,
Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA
Naperville, Illinois