New Jag

To: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Subject: New Jag
From: ebryan@bournemouth.ac.uk (Eardley Bryan)
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 12:21:41 +0100
Todd,

Unfortunately, Ford own both Jaguar and Aston Martin.  The engine in both
the new models are made in the Ford plant in Bridgend in Wales and I
believe that they are very similar, if not identical to each other.  As the
Aston Martin is heavier, due to the extras, I believe that its performance
is less than the Jag's.

Fortunately Ford have never owned your Midget, so it is OK.  It isn't a
truck, don't worry.

In 1978 I made the mistake of buying a new Ford and in five years and about
50k miles, it suffered to following.  The clutch disintegrated, the water
pump packed in, the radiator sprung a leak, the cylinder head cracked, it
blew a piston, the exhaust needed changing each year and it was rusting
like mad.  I'll never have another one.

Eardley

ebryan@bournemouth.ac.uk
'68 B GT (daily driver), '80 Ital (daily driver when Amy is away)
Oliver has six Minis and a Vauxhall Carlton.