RE: All a-flutter?

To: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Subject: RE: All a-flutter?
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 18:06:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 10 May 1996, Ernest E. Gilbert wrote:

> Don't even worry about the 'drip SWAT squad.' Friend of mine, being
environmentally responsible, used a modern degradable friendly soap to
clean up the oil drips. Unfortunately in the gutter the soap looked
exactly like coolant.

> Those sirens were the HazMat team and the bill he got for the response
was huge and real even though the environmental threat was only in the
imagination of a neighbor. That yellow tape is expensive when delivered
this way.

Tell me you're kidding.  A neighbor calls in a false alarm on him and
*he* gets a bill for the response?  Those "freemen" holed up in Montana
begin to seem saner when you hear things like this.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910