Re: Wheels and Tires for B

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: Wheels and Tires for B
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 21:14:06 -0600
>Folks,
>
>I'm looking for advice from the group regarding what tire combinations
>will go best on my 64 B disc wheel car.
>I was very fortunate to purchase 4 NOS in the box Minilites. They have
>never been on a car! They came with the original nuts in the original
>boxes. My dilemma: they are 6x14". What tire size combination will
>give me the best fit for the car. I am aware of the wheel well
>problems, that's my concern. Will 165x14's fit the rims?
>
>Thanks for your help in advance.
>Dave

If you want semi-original, get Dunlops.  You should be able to get either
SP4 sport or SP6 Sport tires from Universal Tire Co.  The size is 165 SR 14
(although original for your car was 155 SR 14).  You could go to a 175 SR
14, but it will handle different, and may rub, as mentioned.  These tires
are pricy though, last I checked, they were $127US each.  Universal's # is
1-800-233-3827 (or in PA (717)898-0949).  If you want a little cheaper you
could go with coker tire, and get michelin XZX tires in a 165 SR 15.  I
don't have their # handy, but you can get it from 1 800 555 1212.  The
michelin's are pretty good in the dry, but not too good in the wet.  I have
them on my 67 B.
Phil Bates
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C