MGA (wanted and for sale)

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA (wanted and for sale)
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 23:32:11 -0400 (EDT)
Yesterday my boss called me and left a message on the machine about an
old MG he'd seen at a rummage sale (my love of MG's is apparently well
known).  He thought probably a '50's model.  I thought probably a B or a
TD kitcar, but decided to check it out anyway.  So after I got my 1 year
old son and wife down for their naps, I took a ride.  Turns out to be a
1960 MGA and it's the most beautiful car I've ever seen!  Ground up
restoration, chrome everywhere (headlight covers, factory boot rack,
wires, with a spare set of painted ones for bad weather).  It's red with
a white top and red leather.  Only downsides were no tonneau, wide
whitewalls (not my taste, but...) and $15,000.00 asking price.  If I
bought this car my wife would have divorce papers filed before the check
cleared.  Anyway, I told the gentleman who was selling the car I'd
mention it on the lists, so I am.  It's located in Elmira, N.Y. and it's
truely a beautiful car.  Now, does anyone know of a not quite so
beautiful car (MGA) for sale in my area for maybe 1/3 of that?  Forgot to
mention, after I looked at the MGA I went to look at a rusty '71 TR6.  It
never stood a chance after seeing the A.  Heck, an MGF wouldn't have
stood a chance after that (oops, didn't mean to start that thread up again)!

Thanks for listening,

Tom