Weber Parts Sources?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Parts Sources?
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 15:03:20 -0500
Thanks to Bob Nogueira in Dallas, I have recently acquired a Weber DGAV
downdraft
carb and manifold that I will be putting on my '79B.  One of Bob's reasons for
selling it was that he didn't like the electric automatic choke.  I would like
convert it to a manual choke, and need to find out where to obtain the
necessary
parts.  Anyone know how to contact Weber or a supplier in the U.S.?  And, where
is a
good location for mounting the manual choke pull on a '79B?  I will also need
obtain an early style exhaust manifold like the ones on dual SU carb engines,
or an
appropriate tubular header.  Any thoughts on this?  Anyone had any experiences
with
this conversion?  The engine reassembly will start in the next couple of weeks.
have new pistons of slightly higher compression than standard for '79, and have
the
Kent mid range cam from Vicky Brit (think they call it road profile) - anyway,
more
aggressive than stock.  Anyone have info on the best jets, etc for this
configuration?

I know there are lots of questions here, but I am truly impressed with the
knowledge
and experience available on this site.  Thanks in advance.

Wayne Kube
'79B looking good, running soon....
Plano, TX