Re: Oil Cooler `79 B

To: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Cooler `79 B
From: Chris Jung <cjung@direct.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 16:14:36 -0700
At 03:43 PM 5/20/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>        On my `79 MGB, the DPO "crinked" off the Oil Cooler tube coming off
>the Cylinder Head and "snapped" it off after all four connections to the
>head. (I know, I can't believe it either.)  Anyway, it seems that the engine
>hasn't had an Oil Cooler for some time.
>
>        Question 1:  does anybody out there (is there any body out there??)
>have a spare they'd be willing to part with for a _small_ fee???
- I could use a spare, too!!
>        Question 2:  does anybody know if the engine really needs an oil
>cooler - I'd sure hate to have to retrofit the whole oil cooling system
>(BTW, the air pump & related EGR system is mostly GONE if that makes a
>difference).
-  The previous owner of my 72 "b"  has bypassed the oil cooler with a hose.
It seems to work fine, but I'm sure that the car would benefit from a cooler.
>        Question 3:  can I just plug each outlet from the head & how???
-  I wouldn't plug the outlets, I'd just run a hose that bypasses the cooler.

Good luck getting everything back together.  Do you have emission control
inspections there?  Luckily, I dont have all of that stuff on my '72

                Chris Jung, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
                72 MGB Roadster, '89 Mustang 5.0