Engine Balancing?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Balancing?
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 12:13:36 -0500
A question for the list.  I am nearing the end of my '79B project.
With the body, interior, top, etc completed, the next stage is to
reassemble the engine.  So, here's the question:  What do you recommend
in having the engine balanced?  I am installing new +.020 pistons
(slightly higher compression than stock), the Kent mild road cam, Weber
DGAV, etc.  I can have a balance job done (crank, pistons, clutch assy,
etc) for about $225.  Is this worth it?  I'm sorta getting to the end of
my funds, too, but would it really be of benefit or should I just
reassemble it as is?  Any pro or con comments will be appreciated.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, Texas