Fuel Leak solved ... for now

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Leak solved ... for now
From: Melissa Mann <mmann@kirin.ccmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 17:53:57 -0700
I wanted to update everyone on my fuel leak status.  The source was the =
rubber hose that goes out of the fuel filter.  It was quite a gusher -- =
spraying gas all over my engine compartment and into my passenger's side =
carpeting!  (Well, at least I know my fuel pump puts out tremendous =
pressure.)

Anyone know of a good way to get gasoline out of carpeting?  I think =
I'll be driving with the top down for a while so the smell can go away.

-- Melissa "Hmm, I seem to be getting horrible gas mileage on THIS tank =
of new gas!"