MGB fuel tanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB fuel tanks
From: Ian Haydock <HAYDOCKI@lib.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 08:58:05 GMT
  Like, I suspect, many other members of this list (are we mad?),
I celebrated the holiday weekend by putting my '73 MGB up on
axle stands and getting underneath to check the underseal. I wasn't
happy when I found that the bottom of my fuel tank was black
and damp and oozing petrol! I need a new tank - but how do I drain
the existing one? (apart from leaving it to drip itself dry for a
month or two!). The Haynes manual and the Moss parts book both
illustrate a drain plug somewhere on the tank, but despite groping
around with an inspection light I can't find it. Where should it be?

  Thanks in advance for any help,

                                                   Ian

    Ian Haydock                  Library Systems Officer (EIS)
             University of Birmingham
    Tel.0121 414 5848        Fax. 0121 471 4691
    I.Haydock@bham.ac.uk  http://sun1.bham.ac.uk/I.Haydock