'71 Midget Project/Parts For Sale Dallas Tx Area

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '71 Midget Project/Parts For Sale Dallas Tx Area
From: Geoff Bishel <GRBX.DSBPO15A@DSBBGW1.itg.ti.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 13:53:51 CDT
With the arrival of my third son a couple months ago, and my
impending job change and relocation, it has become apparent
that I'm not going to have the time/finances to finish
up my Midget.  I need to sell it.

I'm asking $400 for the whole bundle.  I might consider parting
it out, but highly prefer selling as a package.  To be honest,
if I don't get any offers in the next two weeks or so, I'll
have to send everything to the scrap yard - so I'm willing
to negotiate especially if you can come pick up everything.

Contents:
* 1971 Midget, complete with new sheet metal to fix almost all
  rust/damage (see below for description of same).
* Car is a roller w/drivetrain in, interior currently stripped out
  has 2nd trans, 2nd engine (disassembled, no con rods/pistons)
* Wire wheels (7 total, all seem pretty sound, but I'm no expert)
* Approximately 2.5 interiors (3 dashes, 2 sets of panels, 2 sets
  of seats).
* 2 sets of each of: doors, front fenders, front and rear bumpers,
  grilles, top frames (only 1 convertible top in very good condition).
* Body was lightly rear-ended, and is damaged and rusty on the
  rear panel (no other rear damage) - I've begun cutting out
  the rear panel, and have a replacement to be welded in.
* The lip around the rear of the cockpit is rusted. I haven't found
  any replacement parts for this, but it should be easy to
  fabricate.  Battery tray area was rusted, most rust cut away,
  and a new tray needs to be welded in.
* Front bulkhead/firewall is creased just ahead of the windshield
  (I think the PO had the hood pop open while driving).
* New parts:  front susp rebuild kits (in boxes), much body rubber
  (plugs, gaskets, etc), convert top is virtually new.

I've quit subscribing to the list while I'm in the process of
moving, so I can't read any responses on the list itself.
If you want to contact me, email to:  g-bishel@ti.com
or call (214) 562-1967 evenings until 10:30pm Central time.

Best regards,
Geoff Bishel