A plug for British Auto Electric

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: A plug for British Auto Electric
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:31:08 -0500
Sorry if you have already rec'v, but my mail has been messed up and I don't
think it went out the first time.

>To: british-cars@autox.team.net
>From: bobd@npsinc.com (Bob Dallas)
>Subject: A plug for British Auto Electric
>
>I am restoring a MG-TD that had a bad voltage regulator.  I had cleaned the
regulators points, tried to re-ajust according to shop manual, and had taken
it to a local(Houston) alternator shop for fixing(they said it was "cooked")
and it still was not working.  I then checked into replacements(Moss no
have, AB was >$150 plus core, and upgrading to later type voltage regulator
at about $100. Through this mailing list , I got the name of a shop in Calif
that repairs Lucas stuff and his charge was $25 plus parts and shipping. I
thought it worth the gamble and shipped it to him with a check for $30. A
week later it returned-no parts required and it appears to work correctly.

>This is an unsolicited plug for Jerry Felper at British Auto Electric, 2722
E. Carnival Ave., Anaheim, Ca. 92806--felperg@earthlink.com

Bob Dallas
Houston, Texas
'69 MGB-GT  '51 MG-TD