TD dash question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD dash question
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 14:35:47 -0500
Where is the correct location of the speedometer on a lhd MG-TD. All the
pictures that I have seen show it at the far left of the dash.  However, in
putting my dasd back together, the only place that the speedometer will fit
is in the hole directly behind the steering wheel. This is because the
odometer reset device requires a slot between the outer dash and the inter
dash for which to go through.  There is such a slot in the hole behind the
steering wheel but not one on the left most hole.  This is causing the
confusion. Help
Bob Dallas
Houston, Texas
'69 MGB-GT  '51 MG-TD