Re: size of studs for thermostat housing on 66 MGB

To: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: size of studs for thermostat housing on 66 MGB
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 18:51:49 +0600
At 11:30 AM 5/30/96 -0900, Dirk de Boer wrote:
>So what I need to know is the lenght, diameter, and the thread at both
>ends. Anybody?

5/16" diameter, 1-3/4" length, about a half-inch of coarse thread on the end
that screws into the head, fine thread on the nut end.

(I can hear the regulars chirping, "Hey!  Jay's got a 77B.  How's he
know that?"  I had to fit a 63-67 style thermo cover when my orignal
one broke in half.  Part of the job was replacing the long studs with
shorter ones.  I happen to have a fistful of extras in my loose parts
bin.)
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu