Re: Hey la, hey la, my bootlid's bent

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Hey la, hey la, my bootlid's bent
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 03 JUN 96 09:37
>> Question #2: What do you folks in small towns, far from any expertise in
 > LBC's do when you can't find a repairperson who knows what he/she is doing?
 >
 > Thanks
 > Dennis "75 miles from anywhere" Littrell
 > '73 B Roadster "Shirley Valentine"

 I live in a big city with plenty of people who claim expertise with LBCs.
<...they won't touch my car if I can help it.

 I wholeheartedly agree!  I've found that a little thought, a good manual,
and the desire to do the best possible job on your baby will give you
better results than the majority of mechanics who need to do your job in
a minimum of time with a minimum of cost in order to earn their living.
Besides, most of us have not been forced into the mechanical profession
by a lack of acheivement in other areas. (Not to malign all mechanics!
I know a fellow engineer who quit to start his own shop in Cambria...)
This is just to say that NO ONE else is going to care as much as you do
about how good a job is done, and that counts for many pounds of
professional expertise.  With a little advice from the net...

 Philippe "Wishing I had rebuilt my own transmission" Tusler

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*