FRAM PH43 oil filters

Subject: FRAM PH43 oil filters
From: swilliams@media-net.net (Williams Scott)
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 22:38:39

A few years ago I stopped using the Fram PH43 filter in my 74 1/2 MGB
because I had been experiencing oil drain back between car outings. A couple
of weeks ago I found one new in a box at a garage sale for one dollar. I
bought it, put it on the car and in a couple of days, I was waiting for a
complete oil filter fill on startup. I think they changed the way these
filters were built through the years. When I removed the filter, a piece of
the check valve was sticking out of the holes. I have seen this happen
before.

I went back to my trusted and true filter the AC PF13. Besides the fact that
it never drains back, it has this nifty feature (at least the ones I find).
Printed on the can are the words (MADE IN ENGLAND) and I buy them at K-Mart.

Scott C. Williams